Assistant Project Manager – Chicago, ILJOB # 11
The successful candidate will enjoy a fast-paced environment in an expanding business and would be enthusiastic about working towards a career in project management. The Assistant Project Manager provides necessary field support to help implement project goals and frequently interacts with clients, consultants, and contractors. This position is also responsible for ensuring our services are being delivered with the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Provide field support to complete onsite project activities.
- Manage all service-based projects by hiring and managing subcontractors to implement defined work.
- Generate Project Management deliverables for customer-direct material sales.
- Travel to customer facilities to provide field support (50% Travel Ability Nationwide) which includes:
- Conducting material inventories.
- Assisting in kick-off of project installations and inspecting installation progress.
- Conducting project completion walks and incentive post inspections.
- Training and commissions on system controls for customers.
- Auditing project scope, measuring light level readings, and photographing, recording, and communicating observations.
- Manage service-based projects which includes:
- Overseeing project operations by providing coordination, stakeholder communication, and technical control during project implementation.
- Take complete control of project by collecting labor bids, negotiating, hiring, and managing subcontractors to fulfill project requirements.
- Generating and managing technical documentation for all project stages.
- Handling escalated and/or higher-level warranty claims.
- Conducting vendor negotiations.
- Coordinating warranty installations, as needed.
- Quoting material and labor costs for customers to implement warranty materials.
- Managing services and labor only sales.
- Manages material sales which includes:
- Building and processing material only orders, tracking materials, and coordinating their deliver.
- Perform project management practices to meet project requirements and customer expectations.
- Assisting with Energy Incentive activities, when needed.
- Receive and inventory shipments to PEC and assists with other general warehouse organization.
- Assist to train project team members and improve and maintain training materials.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university; or three to five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses and/or Registrations
This position requires a PMP (Project Management Professional) certification and a valid insurable Driver’s License.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Job requires specialized computer skills. Must be adept at using various applications including presentation and project management software.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move twenty-five to fifty pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals.
We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital or family status, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws.
PEC’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.