HVAC SpecialistJOB # 2
Working closely with and under the direction of the Innovations team this position is responsible for developing advanced energy-efficient HVAC projects and providing insight and expertise as it relates to other HVAC optimization technologies by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Duties
- Investigates HVAC systems to understand layout, operation, and control schemes, and develops strategies to integrate smart motor/VFD systems, sensors, and other equipment.
- Researches and vets new technologies that can provide energy savings and/or operational value to customers.
- Implements HVAC projects and acts as the primary technical point of contact by coordinating projects with customer, subcontractors, distributors, and manufacturers.
- Works with the Sales team to determine project viability by analyzing HVAC systems and controls to specify proper replacements and performing energy analyses to determine project energy/utility savings.
- Specifies installation requirements of new components to integrate with existing equipment and controls.
- Works with the Project Engineer to determine effectiveness/practicality of prospective technologies.
- Onboards prospective subcontractors.
- Travels to job sites as needed to ensure smooth installations for first time subcontractors.
- Crafts project reports documenting approach, progress, and/or effectiveness.
- Trains new and existing team members on HVAC specific topics.
- Meets work deadlines and engages in appropriate work-related tasks without being prompted.
- Maintains punctual, regular, and predictable attendance.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Respectfully takes direction from manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
May directly supervise administrative project employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the safety or health of employees or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree from four-year college or university; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of two years previous commercial HVAC design, service, or maintenance experience required.Â
Certificates, Licenses and/or Registrations
This position requires a valid insurable Drivers License.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.Â Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.Â Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Has advanced basic computer job skills including logging on to systems, ability to communicate by email, ability to compose documents, enter database information, create presentations, download forms, and preserve/backup important data.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position requires travel for 33% of the time; often overnight or multiple days.
PEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals.
We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital or family status, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws.
PEC’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.